Thursday, February 21, 2008

Who are we to judge others?

I read the following on the news today, I think our world is so ridiculous and our perception is just so twisted!!!

A few years ago, I still remember people were over reacting and phoning the Boardcasting Review Agency to complain when Joyce Cheng was performing as "Snow White", and all of a sudden, people's view changed 180 degrees??

Not that I have any bias towards Joyce. Personally I admire her discipline and perseverance to loose so much weight in the past few years. I know it's not easy and it takes a lot of effort (at least I can't do it!!) I never feel there was anything wrong with her and her performance. She was just an ordinary girl, brought up in a single mom family, in Vancouver. Nothing wrong, and nothing out of the ordinary (except she has a mom who is a celebrity).

So who are we to judge if she is "成功洗底" or not???? These articles are just twisting our values, who are we to say she was not good enough before, and all of a sudden is good enough now?

These are articles on the news, and it totally shows how shallow the writers are. It shows how they use their pens to blow up and emotionalize simple things in people lives.

If this is all our next generation's gonna read and learn, what would our future be like? Shallow and judgmental??? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

If I can voice out my two cents, all I want to say is, people, just be yourself and live your dreams. We are not worthy only when people say we are, we are worthy because we were created by the almighty God and bought by a high price on the cross.

堅強面對喪母痛贏民心 欣宜獲網友力撐入樂壇
欣宜月內痛失母親及外婆兩位至親,她昨日在記者會上談及肥姐時一度泣不成聲,場面令人心酸。不過,年紀輕輕的欣宜繼承了母親的堅強性格,矢言會爭氣,努力學做一個有承擔的女人。

網民大表同情
對於欣宜的堅強表現,不少網友在討論區表示同情之餘,更非常支持她加入樂壇,稱讚她的歌藝比很多樂壇新人更佳,支持欣宜繼承肥姐的遺願,成為出色藝人。由此可見,欣宜的孝義表現已為她成功洗底,爭回大眾的愛戴。

No comments: